Some insightful statistics:
- Total number of trips in the 1st quarter 2013 was 46,598 while the total number of trips in the 2nd quarter 2012 was 572,919. More than 12 times larger. Showing the seasonal effect of bike-sharing demand.
- Most of the trips were between 10 to 20 minutes. Trip duration could be a function of the pricing policy and the actual length of a trip.
- In the 1st quarter 2013, average trip duration was 14 minutes while in the 2nd quarter 2012, the average trip duration was 19 minutes.
- In the 1st quarter 2013, only about 1% of the trips started and ended at the same station, while in the 2nd quarter 2012, 5% of the trips started and ended at the same station. Starting and ending a trip at the same location could be an indication of a leisure trip.
- In the 1st quarter 2013, about 6% of the trips were longer than 30 minutes but smaller than 60 minutes while in the 2nd quarter 2012, about 10% of the trips violated the 30 minute limit of the free ride policy.