Tuesday, August 4, 2015

ENG1021: Experiencing Virtual Reality (CAVE & Oculus Rift)

As part of ENG1021 (Spatial Communication in Engineering), I took my students to the CAVE. Students were given a 15 minutes tour of the Monash Immersive Visualization Platform including a demo of the structure model of the Oakland Bay Bridge in the US, ARUP point cloud of Melbourne city building plant room, NASA's Mars flight. I also brought my Samsung VR gear to the class and gave it to students to experience VR. Everyone were very impressed and loved it. Students were asked to describe how they relate their VR experience to spatial communication and our unit's learning objectives? I also asked them whether the experience generated any innovative engineering or business idea in their minds? Sorry for the not so high quality of the photos. It was dark in there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment